The Hot Plate is a power attenuator that sits between your amp and speaker(s). It allows you to obtain the full output distortion of a tube amplifier at lower volumes, without sacrificing tone.
The Hot Plate can also function as a high quality direct box, allowing you to send the amp’s signal to a mixing board, a separate power amplifier or to rack mount effects without using a microphone.
I. Main Output:
- Attenuation: 0 dB to -16 dB in four dB increments; -16 dB to -∞ dB (zero output) continuously variable.
II. Line output:
- Type: Mid-impedance (approx. 35KΩ), unbalanced, negative ground.
- Connector: 1/4” phone jack.
- Level: Continuously variable line out level (+10dB(V) to -40dB(V)).
- Impedance: 8Ω.
- Continuous power dissipation: 150W RMS
- Max. recommended amplifier power: 185W RMS.
- Size: 2 7/8” high x 8 1/4” wide x 7 1/4” deep (7.3 cm x 20.9 cm x 18.4 cm).
- Weight: 4.2 lbs (1.9 kg).