Building your own vacuum tube guitar or bass amplifier from scratch is truly an exciting experience. This book describes the detailed construction of five vacuum tube amplifiers. The construction of these amplifiers is described in full detail with chassis drilling templates, component installation, wire-by-wire hook-ups and schematics.
The amplifier projects included in this book are:
- Sonic MA1 (two tube amp, late 1950s design with a solid state rectifier)
- All American 4 (four tube amp, early 1960s design using common radio tubes found in "All American 5" radios made between 1947 and 1971)
- Champ Amp (classic replica of a 1950s Fender amp with a single ended 6v6 output tube)
- Deluxe Amp (classic replica of a 1940s Fender amp with push pull 6V6 tubes)
- Bassman (classic replica of a 1950s Fender amp with push-pull 6l6 tubes)
120 pgs, spiral bound. 0.7 lbs 8.5" x 11".