Speakers & Components
Speakers. The last opportunity to modify your tone. Unlike hi-fi speakers which attempt to create sounds that are true to the musical source fed them, guitar speakers impart their own tone. Your amp/cabinet pretty much determines three things about what speaker to select; speaker size, impedance and power rating. (See our tech corner article on Speaker Impedance, Power Handling and Wiring). But the tone is up to you! Speaker replacement is probably the easiest mod you can perform.
CelestionFounded in 1924, Celestion has grown to become one of the world's largest manufacturers of loudspeakers.
Speaker - Celestion, 8", FTR08-2011D, 200 watts
Special Order ItemSpeaker, Celestion, FTR08-2011D, 8 in., 8 ohm Features:
- 8" ferrite magnet driver providing 200Wrms (AES standard) power handling and 93dB sensitivity
- 2" high temperature copper voice coil
- Suitable for line array applications, utilizing a space-efficient octagonal chassis profile
- Optimized flux distribution in magnet assembly provides low harmonic distortion
- “M-Roll” surround provides progressive excursion control, generating a smooth frequency response
- Intelligent heat management in both chassis and magnet assembly design offers reduced thermal compression
Speaker - Celestion, 12", K12H-200TC, 200W, 8Ω
Special Order ItemFerrite magnet pressed steel chassis driver.