Speakers & Components
Speakers. The last opportunity to modify your tone. Unlike hi-fi speakers which attempt to create sounds that are true to the musical source fed them, guitar speakers impart their own tone. Your amp/cabinet pretty much determines three things about what speaker to select; speaker size, impedance and power rating. (See our tech corner article on Speaker Impedance, Power Handling and Wiring). But the tone is up to you! Speaker replacement is probably the easiest mod you can perform.
Speaker - Peavey, 15", Black Widow 1505-8 DT BW, 700W, 8Ω
The 1505DT is an 8 ohm, 15" Black Widow/Super Structure speaker with a curvilinear cone for extended bandwidth. Offering a rare combination of usable frequency response into the mid-range with a smooth powerful low end, the 1505DT, Kevlar cone and long voice coil provide excellent linearity at high drive levels. Excellent as a woofer in multi-way enclosures or as the bottom end in a two-way system.
Speaker - Peavey, 12", Black Widow 1201-8 BW, 700W, 8Ω
The 1201 is an 8 ohm, 12" Black Widow/Super Structure speaker intended primarily for sound reinforcement. Offering superior sensitivity and power handling in a 12" speaker, the 1201 utilizes a Kevlar impregnated cone for a smooth response characteristic well suited to vocals, stage monitors, and other compact applications. This model can also be used to provide outstanding mid-bass performance in a multi-way system.
Speaker - Celestion, 18", CF1830E, 700 watts
Special Order ItemSpeaker, Celestion, CF1830E, 18 in., 8 ohm Features:
- 18" ferrite magnet, cast aluminium chassis LF driver delivering 700Wrms (AES Standard) power handling and 94dB sensitivity
- 3" high temperature, multi-layer voice coil for greater motor force
- FEA optimized magnet assembly and suspension deliver highly symmetrical cone movement, leading to exceptionally low harmonic distortion
- Balanced Airflow Venting (BAV) on the front-plate increases airflow to provide enhanced cooling
- Dual Magnet Motor (DMM) incorporates a secondary magnet used to increase overall motor force (Bl) without the need for any additional increase in magnet size
- “Multi-roll” surround provides exceptional linearity at extremes of cone excursion